Saturday, January 19, 2008

Nikon School

What a day.  I went to bed last night....no...this morning, at 1:30 AM and had to get up at 6:30 AM to get ready for school.  For the last 2 years (since I got my Nikon D50), I've been trying to enroll in Nikon School but they're always sold out when they come to Orlando.   I finally got in this year.  I was really debating with myself whether I should go or not since I'm not really that new with a DSLR anymore.  There are tons of online tutorials etc. that I could've done instead, but I left there feeling glad I went.  I don't do well with just reading how to do something - so even though this is a seminar style class, it was better than just trying to read the manual or something.   I think one of the best things I learned was how to read a histogram.  I never really understood those things and now I feel so smart!  lol.   My only complaints would be those of the staff at Sea World and the Meeting Planners that did the setup.  We were CRAMMED in there shoulder to shoulder like little sardines and by the end of the day, my shoulders were on fire!  When I don't have any room to move and have to sit for 7 hours - that's just a recipe for throbbing joints and a migraine.  Also, for lunch they literally had set the exact number of seats at the tables as there were attendees.  Well, I went with a friend and we kinda wanted to sit together...but by the time we got through the buffet line, the only spots to sit were onsies.  No two seats at a table.  So we went to the corner and sat on the floor to eat.  There were a couple other ladies that sat on the floor with us since they couldn't find seats either.   To make matters worse - the staff ignored us instead of apologizing and offering to bring us silverware and a drink.  The kicker is that there was room in the banquet hall for at least 4 more rounds of 10.  I guess the fact that I have meeting planning experience magnifies these kinds of mistakes.

Then after Lindsey and I get back to her house, I get in my car and about half way home I was greeted with a torrential downpour.  Between barely being able to see the hood of my car, with tree branches flying across the 2 lane and quite narrow road (and quite unfamiliar to me I might add) - plus it was dark out....all those things combined made the drive home a little tense for me.  I hate driving in the rain to begin with - but when I'm on an unfamiliar road it just makes it like 10 times worse.  

Ok - so I still have a headache and my shoulders, back and legs are still on fire from sitting for a long period of time in a very confined manner.  Time for me to get comfy on the couch and watch a movie.  :)   Have a wonderful weekend!

Love, 
Cami

No comments: